The AimOS Development Kit RS2 is a Broadcom® Avenger board with several interface types.
We have specifically designed this evaluation board to help you with the development of your own switch based on the Avenger.
By using the RS2 Development Kit, you can start your software development in parallel with hardware development. It can also shorten your hardware development by re-using the evaluation board design.
It enables you to demonstrate your switch early in the process.
Feature List - Switching
- Switch silicon: Broadcom® RoboSwitch™-2 BCM53162
- 16K entry MAC address table
- 1K multicast group support
- 1 MB packet buffer
- srTCM and trTCM meters (support color-aware and color-blind modes)
- Jumbo frame support: up to 10K bytes
- 1K packets and byte.s counters
- 8x CoS queues per port with priority flow control
- IEEE 802.1p, MAC and DSCP packet classificiation
- Per-queue and per port shaper
- 4K VLANs (IEEE 802.1Q) with Virtual Switching Instance (VSI) support
- 1K CFP rules support (up to 192b key)
- Mirroring and sFlow sampling
- Loop detection
- AVB and Time-Sensitive-Networking (TSN) (802.1Qbv, 802.1Qav, 802.1ASrev)
- IEEE 1588 and SyncE support
- 16x LAG trunks (32x supported across cascaded switches)
- VLAN mapping and translation
- Protection and security mechanisms: port authentication (802.1x), isolation groups, BUM flood prevention, traffic metering, DOS filtering
- IEEE802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE)
- 802.1BR standards-based port extender
- Broadcom BCM53162 XMB1 embedded processor (ARM Cortex-M7)
- Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3+ (CM3+) as optional external processor
- 8x 10/100/1000Base-T electrical RJ45 ports
- 4x 1GE/2.5GE SFP+ ports
- 2x 10G SFP+ ports
- UART console port
- Reset button