High Level Features
- TDM over Packet solution for 32xDS1/E1
- CESoPSN and SAToP modes
- Wander compliant to MEF18 and G.8261
- Integrated DS1/E1 framer
- TDM over Packet
- Wireless backhaul systems
- Wireline network migration
The AC2150 TDM over Packet device implements Circuit Emulation Services Interworking Functions (CES IWF) for 32 DS1/E1 TDM channels.
The device integrates all functions for TDM transport applications in wireless backhaul systems: DS1/E1 framers, TDMoP IWF, and packet header processing.
The AC2150 implements the SAToP and CESoPSN modes defined by IETF, MEF, MFA and ITU. These support transport of transparent DS1/E1 channels, or provide bandwidth efficient nx64 fractional channels.
Each TDM channel can be configured independently for adaptive, differential or retiming clock recovery mode, and each channel may operate at a different clock rate.
The integrated DS1/E1 framers enable fault and performance monitoring, including test pattern insertion and loopback. The device supports Ethernet, VLAN, IP and MPLS PWE3 packet headers, and a dual Gigabit Ethernet interface.
The device is ideally prepared for new protocols or standards evolution due to its FPGA based design.
Evaluation systems are available for system level testing.
- TDM over Packet CES IWF for 32 DS1/E1 ports
- SAToP or CESoPSN transport mode selectable per channel (RFC4553 and RFC5086)
- Configurable amount of TDM data per packet
- Clock recovery mode selectable per channel: adaptive, differential or retiming mode
- RTP header for differential clock (RFC3550)
- Jitter and wander compliant to MEF18, ITU-T G.8261 and G.823 / G.824 for traffic interfaces
- Configurable jitter buffer size
- Extensive set of CES fault and performance monitoring points
- Integrated DS1/E1 framer with alarm, fault and performance monitoring, and support for loopbacks and PRBS maintenance functionality
- Integrated packet header processor for MAC addresses, VLAN tags, IP and MPLS PWE3 headers
- TDM interface to LIU at 1.544 or 2.048 Mb/s
- Dual GbE SerDes or interface to external PHY
- Clock: 19.44 MHz
- DDR2 SDRAM buffer: 16 Mb x 16
- 16-bit CPU interface
Technology and Package
- 40 nm CMOS technology
- 484-pin 23 x 23 mm FBPGA package
- Typical power dissipation < 1.5 Watt
Typical system applications for the AC2150 include:
- TDMoP CPE and provider edge equipment
- RBS or BTS base station network cards
- Carrier Ethernet Switch or router blade for TDMoP network aggregation
- TDM business access equipment for leased line migration
- CMTS cable head-end
- AMC I/O cards for ATCA and MicroTCA[/arrowlist]
A companion device, the AC2380 – OC12/STM4 TDMoP Gateway, targets TDM over Packet aggregation applications. The AC2150 and AC2380 are based on the same processing core and allow for seamless end-to-end interworking.
For more information about the specifications, please contact us.