- Upgrade microwave radio to packet
- Efficient use of WDM wavelengths
- Migrate SONET/SDH access to packet
- Very compact size
- Low carbon footprint – Green solution
- Overall cost reduction
OE Solutions and AimValley jointly developed the Smart SFP™, a new class of SFP that integrates intelligent and innovative system functions into an SFP module. The TSoP Smart SFP module allows operators to make a graceful transition from SONET/SDH to packet switched networks. The TSoP protocol (Transparent SONET/SDH over Packet) converts SONET/SDH TDM traffic to a packet stream. Operators can now transport SONET or SDH traffic across a packet network by simply adding TSoP Smart SFP to any router or packet switch.
The TSoP capabilities are complemented with a Gigabit Ethernet system interface. The Smart SFP serves a wide range of optical and reach applications: OC-3/STM-1, OC-12/STM-4 or OC-48/STM-16 duplex fiber with reaches up to 80 km at industrial temperature range. With TSoP the SONET/SDH signal is forwarded fully transparently, maintaining its embedded payload structure, protection protocols and synchronization end- to-end. This simplifies the configuration and service turn- up of SONET/SDH connections across a packet network. The integration of TSoP into an SFP greatly reduces system and network complexity, and offers lower carbon footprint while generating CAPEX & OPEX savings. An API and SNMP MIBs are available to facilitate the integration in existing equipment and management systems. This management interface allows for configuration and monitoring of relevant parameters. The Smart SFP transceivers are designed in conformance with the Small Form Factor Pluggable 20-pin Multi-Source Agreement (MSA).
- SFP INF-8074 compliant (OC-3/STM-1 and OC-12/STM-4)
- SFP+ SSF-8431 compliant (OC-48/STM-16)
- DDM SFF-8472 compliant
- Software API and MIBs for remote management
- Remote access to Digital Diagnostics Monitoring
- Transparent SONET/SDH over Packet protocol
- Fully transparent transport of: Payload structures, Overhead bytes and protection protocols, Synchronization
- Low latency
- SONET/SDH line rates: OC-3/STM-1 & OC-12/STM-4 & OC-48/STM-16
- Compatible with SFP electrical MSA
- LC duplex connector
- Wide range of optical transceiver options
- Duplex fiber
- Various optical reaches, up to 80 km
- Available operating temperature ranges: Commercial: 0°C to 70°C, Industrial: -40°C to 85°C
For more information about the specifications, please contact us.