- 60 Gb/s redundant MPLS-TP switch
- Carrier-class and mission critical
- Compact & Energy Efficient
- Mobile backhaul systems
- 10 GE / 1 GE Aggregation
- Wireline network migration
- Business access
The EX240 is a 60G carrier-class Ethernet switch. It enables cost effective and energy efficient aggregation of Ethernet access links to a 10 Gigabit Ethernet Metro/Core network. Based on the latest available technology the system has a very compact form factor without compromising on carrier-class Ethernet features like redundancy, hardware accelerated service monitoring, CFM service assurance and MEF compliant QoS features. The small footprint, low power consumption and extended temperature range allows deployment in more challenging and remote locations and yet save money on air conditioning.
The very compact chassis with full front access is only 2U high and 230 mm deep. It has room for 2 Core cards (for switch redundancy), 6 Option cards (for different types of interfaces (e.g. 10GE XFP, 1GE SFP) and a temperature controlled fan card. The fan airflow is reversible to adapt easily to cabinet thermal design. All cards can be exchanged in-service. The EX240 is designed to meet the telecommunication standards for ESD and EMC, physical protection and safety.
The system supports two Core cards providing a fully redundant 60 Gb/s core switch. The combination of the two Core cards provides 1+1 Equipment protection of packet switch, system timing, control and management functions. The system optionally operates without Core redundancy using a single Core card.
The Core card supports 2 management LAN ports, a station clock input and output, discrete input/outputs, a console port and -48/60V DC power input.
The EX240 supports 6 Option card slots which can be equipped with any combination of Option card types. Interfaces range from E1/T1 to 10GE, e.g. 10 port 1GE, 1 port 10GE or 16 port E1/T1 TDMoP PWE. A wide range of XFPs and SFPs (duplex, single fiber, CWDM & DWDM) is supported to seamlessly adapt to the network needs. Option cards and optical modules are in service replaceable.
The AimOS system software supports the carrier-class switch features. The software configures and monitors the system and provides different interfaces to support element and network management. Software upgrades are completely hitless to support the high availability of the system.
- MPLS-TP. Supported services are E-Line, E-LAN1 and ETree1.
- Bi-directional 1:1 linear trail protection for Transport LSPs.
- QoS according RFC3270: Short Pipe model without PHP
- Link Aggregation Groups for 1GE and 10GE interfaces according IEEE 802.1AX-20081
- CFM Service OAM. Down MEP for any LSP.
- Synchronous Ethernet support: Ethernet Equipment Clock (ITU-T G.8262 07/2010 option 1 and 2) and SSM messages (ITU-T G.8264 10/2008)
- Performance Monitoring (including binning and threshold reporting)
- In-service hitless upgrade
- Management using OSPF, SNMPv2, CLI and web GUI
- Maximum of 6 10GE XFP based interfaces
- Maximum of 60 1GE SFP based interfaces
- Prepared for E1/DS1 TDMoP
- Management LAN interface (2 per main card)
- Station Clock Input/Output (2MHz, E1 or DS1)
- DC power input (-48/60V)
- RS232 console interface
- Two digital inputs and one digital output
- Led indicators for power, status, fail and abnormal condition
For more information about the specifications, please contact us.