We provide design and consultancy services, focused on the area of telecom networking technologies like SDH/SONET, Ethernet and xDSL. AimSys implements system level services such as product definition and architecture, software design, system test, hardware design and factory introduction. AimCom offers the design services for ASIC and FPGA components.
Our combined skill set represents all the important aspects required for the development of complete systems that meet the demanding requirements of the communications, industrial and medical markets.
We have extensive knowledge in a broad range of applications and systems:
- Multi-Service Networks: SDH/SONET, OTN and carrier-class Ethernet
- Ethernet over Optical Networks
- Circuit emulation services: TDM over packet
- Access Systems (with emphasis on low cost): xDSL, ISDN NT, FTTH and PON
Design and Consultancy services
System Design: Consultancy and Systems Engineering
Our systems engineering team provides network consultancy and defines products and components. Based on input from customers, standards and technology trends, new features or entire systems are defined and documented.
- Complete System Architecture, including all aspects of:
- Transmission, protection, cross-connect, synchronization and OAM&P
- ASICs and Circuit Pack design
- Backplanes, Mechanical design, Power and Environmental
- Controllers and Software architecture
- Telecommunications expertise: SDH and SONET
- Specialists in the fields of synchronization, protection and DCN network design
- Data expertise: Ethernet, VLAN, IP/MPLS
- Ethernet Switching, Ethernet Protocols, Performance and Quality of Service
- Multi Service Equipment and Networks: Packet traffic over TDM
- Pioneers of Ethernet over SDH solutions, involved in definition and design of Virtual Concatenation, LCAS and GFP.
AimSys’ hardware team covers schematic entry and lay-out, mechanical and thermal design and regulatory compliance and CE certification. The hardware team has designed a range of high-density controller and payload switching cards, including backplanes and mechanical enclosures.
The team also takes care of design transfer to a manufacturer for mass production and uses the respective design rules and processes. AimSys builds implementations compliant with ROHS environmental requirements.
- Analog and digital circuit design up to GHz domain
- High speed digital transmission and controlled impedance design
- Timing and synchronization functions
- Optical and electrical interface design for 2 Mb/s up to 10 Gb/s
- Optical interface design for Gigabit Ethernet
- FPGA design enabling fast and flexible adaptation to various applications
- Single board and embedded computer system designs based on Motorola PowerPC™ and IBM micro controllers
- Large system backplanes with multi-layer mixed signal technology and complex stack-up
- CAD/3D modeling
- Packaging, electromagnetic and environmental design
- Thermal and mechanical stress analysis
- Compliance testing and certification
- New Product Introduction
AimSys’ software team is responsible for the architecture and implementation of reliable software for carrier-class and real-time embedded systems. These systems encompass a wide range of components such as: operating systems, communication protocols, user and networking applications and interfaces towards remote management systems.
The software applications are implemented using state-of-the-art tools for development, simulation, in-system debugging and change management.
- Real Time embedded software with Telecom quality
- Freescale PowerQUICC families, ARM architecture and Blackfin/TI DSP
- Linux 2.4 and 2.6, OSE, pSOS, Chorus, VxWorks,
- Developed Portable Infrastructure Layer for easy porting to other OS based upon the POSIX standard
- Software drivers for various ASICs and FPGAs
- C, C++, Java, assembler, several scripting languages
- Inter Processor Communication Solutions using Ethernet, USB and several proprietary media
- TCP/IP and OSI stack experience, for example OSPF, ISIS, partition repair
- Experienced on L2 Ethernet switching SW: GVRP, spanning tree, QoS, ERPS, APS, IGMP/MLD-snooping, Sync-E, LACP
- Hardware drivers for various ASICs and FPGAs
- Pluggable Management Framework based on embedded SQL database
- Experience with CMISE, TL1, SNMP, embedded web server using HTML adn XML/XSL, SSH and proprietary interfaces
System Verification Test
The system verification team carries out systematic black-box testing against system requirements. Automation tools are used for robustness testing.
- Systematic black box testing of all System Requirements
- Test automation
- Experienced on CMISE, web based management, SNMP, OSPF, Data, SDH, SONET
ASIC and FPGA
AimCom specializes in the design, implementation and verification of ASICs and FPGAs. The team uses state-of-the-art development tools that allow quick project turn-around of large devices of more than 10 million gate equivalents. The designs are implemented on leading platform FPGAs and their embedded soft CPUs, or developed as System-on-Chip ASIC solutions integrating many functions into a single device. AimCom has a strategic partnership with Fujitsu Semiconductor Europe.
- Timing and synchronization functions
- Protection Switching Algorithms
- Ethernet over SDH with Virtual Concatenation and LCAS plus GFP mapping and policing function
- High and low order pointer processing, Framers for SONET/SDH
- Framers for SONET/SDH: Scalable Byte Processors
- OTN and FEC functions
- AAL5, DSL bonding
- Circuit Emulation Services (CES)
- Timing over Packet